16th September 2011
Blackboard Learn is now the live Ulster Virtual Learning Environment (VLE)* and can be accessed from the Portal at http://portal.ulster.ac.uk, with a link to Blackboard available from the top banner. You can also access Blackboard Learn directly using the web address https://learning.ulster.ac.uk. Log in to either using your staff ‘e’ number and Active Directory password.
You need to request access to your 2011/12 modules in Blackboard Learn (with new CRNs), so that you are ready to teach in the correct module areas for the new academic year. If you have not already done this, please request access using the Module Access Request System at: http://athens.ulster.ac.uk/ModuleAccessRequest/. You are currently able to request the following: Semester 1, Long Thin modules (with a September 2011 start date) and Course/Programme Support Areas.
If you have any problems please email the Blackboard Learn Helpdesk at: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Note: Users requiring access to the old VLE, WebCT, can do so using the following web address: http://webct.ulster.ac.uk
Dr Alan Masson
Head of Technology Facilitated Learning
OTHER USEFUL LINKS:
- Additional training dates (Drop In Clinics, Survival Guides and Workshops) are available at: http://wiki.ulster.ac.uk/display/bbip/Training+Workshop+and+Drop+in+Clinic+Dates
- Information for students about the change to Blackboard Learn (including flyer and presentation) is available at: http://wiki.ulster.ac.uk/display/bbip/For+Students
- 'Tidying up the Homepage of a Migrated Course from WebCT' (pdf) is available from the Blackboard Learn Information Point: http://www.ulster.ac.uk/bbinfo
- A 'Blackboard Learn Staff Orientation Course' is available to all staff from within Blackboard Learn.
- The 'Blackboard Learn Helpdesk' website is now available at: http://wiki.ulster.ac.uk (click on ‘Blackboard Learn Support’)