What is Turnitin Feedback Studio?
Feedback Studio has now replaced Turnitin GradeMark and Originality Checker and combines these tools in to a simple, responsive interface.
Figure 1: Feedback Studio
Feedback Studio will retain all the tools you had previously.
Note: Turnitin Feedback Studio does not affect the way Turnitin integrates with Blackboard Learn. Neither will it change how you create Turnitin assignments, or the way students submit their work or access their feedback.
Staff can still provide feedback and check originality. These tools are used via a set of “Instructor Feedback” and “Similarity” layers, which can be collapsed and expanded to increase document visibility.
Figure 2: Instructor Feedback Layer
Figure 3: Similarity Layer
The Feedback Studio gives you and your students speedy access to the information and tools needed for effectual marking and feedback.
On-screen annotation of student submissions has been simplified and the process of navigation between features and student submissions has been improved.
New Interface features
- The new interface is less cluttered, making better use of the available screen space. As a result, the Originality and Feedback ‘layers’ should be easier to view.
- It should now be easier for students to view their feedback and marks on mobile devices/smart phones.
- Student submissions automatically resize to the available screen space. However, it can easily be adjusted using the zoom slider:
- The Feedback Summary (previously known as General Comments), QuickMark and other Comments tools now allow staff to enter formatted text and hyperlinks:
- The Submissions Information tool now shows how many QuickMarks and Comments have been left. This replaces the View all Comments/feedback tool:
- Prior to the Post Date, if no feedback is available, the feedback layer will not be visible to the students.
Help with using Turnitin Feedback Studio
The Office for Digital Learning are in the process of creating new training materials for staff using Turnitin Feedback Studio. These materials will be released shortly. If you need any help in the interim please call the Blackboard Helpdesk on 028 903 68686 or use the Feedback Studio’s built-in help. This help is accessible via the Help icon at the top right of the Feedback Studio window.
Turnitin Feedback Studio Features Seminar (Recording)
- Alternatively, Turnitin’s staff help is also accessible here: https://guides.turnitin.com/01_Manuals_and_Guides/Instructor_Guides/Feedback_Studio_for_Instructors
- Turnitin’s Student Help is available here: https://guides.turnitin.com/01_Manuals_and_Guides/Student_Guides/Feedback_Studio_for_Students